Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Garrett Update!

From Garrett's letter on October 3rd. 

I am being transferred to Kumasi, to be a zone leader in the Bantama zone. I am going to be companions with Elder Clements. My first american companion!!!! Sweet!!! (Elder Clements is Garrett's sister-law's cousins son! Small world in the church) I'm so excited! Its gonna be a hard assignment. The Bantama zone has 22 missionaries, and Elder Clements only has one transfer left. I get 6 weeks to learn the biggest zone in the mission. I know it is going to be very difficult, but i'm just praying that the lord will help me adjust and know everything i need to know by next transfer.  Please keep me in your prayers.

I'm sad to leave Sunyani. I have really grown to love this place, even though the work is super hard. It has been a real blessing for me to serve here. I have made some great friends, and am so sad to be leaving them. I hope and pray I'll get to see Sunyani again before I leave Ghana so i can say hello to the people again. I didn't realize how close I was with these people up here.  The words of a hymn keep coming to my mind......"I'll go where you want me to go dear lord, I'll be what you want me to be". I know the call is from the lord, so I will go with a good attitude. I'm excited that I get to serve with Elder Clements for a short time.

Conference weekend in Sunyani we became a branch! 

We became official branches of the church yesterday!  Three of the four units in Sunyani were made into branches, Penkwase Branch being one of them. It was pretty funny actually, we had to hold the conference outside, there were 150 people that came, and none of our buildings are big enough to hold that many people. We had to rent some tents and set them up outside, as well as pull the pulpit outside. It was kinda cool. It was an overall awesome occasion. 

Below are pictures we recently received from Garrett



 Service Project
 Garrett loves the children of Ghana
View overlooking Garrett's first area





 Christmas 2010


 Pet Monkey's in Africa?



 Making fufu
 He is still a big little kid!

Garrett's HUMP DAY September 2, 2011
 WOW...you've been gone a while!!!
Congratulations! We love you!

No comments: